Due to the evolving situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our veterinary facility is taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our clients, pets, and the people who care for them.
- Please call us form the parking lot when you arrive. We will provide further direction if an exam room is available of if waiting in your car is preferred.
- Drop-off appointments may be available.
- Increased communication by phone may be necessary to help decrease direct contact between staff and pet owners, including payment.
- Limit the number of people accompanying your pet during their visit.
- Utilize hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon arrival.
- Ensure that you have an adequate supply of your pet’s long-term medications. This includes flea, tick, and heartworm prevention.
- Ensure that your pet is up to date on their vaccines, as preventing other infectious diseases like rabies, parvovirus, leptospirosis, and other respiratory pathogens is critical.
- It is unlikely that COVID-19 can infect pets at this time However, pets are susceptible to other respiratory diseases. Testing is recommended for pets showing signs of respiratory illness like coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge or fever.
- For more information on COVID-19 and animals, please visit the two websites below.
- One person with a mask can accompany your pet during the visit
- Please leave your mask on at all times
- No masks with vents will be permitted
Your Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital Family